Maxbotix MB1240 XL-MaxSonar-EZ4 High Performance Ultrasonic Sensor
The I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ sensors now feature an I2C bus. This allows for easy I2C integration and multisensor operation using a single bus.
The I2CXL‑MaxSonar‑EZ4 has the highest noise tolerance and narrowest beam of any of our indoor sensors. The sensor is designed and calibrated to provide reliable range information to large targets even in environments with strong acoustic or electrical noise sources.
The sensor is small in size, yet the high output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real-time background automatic calibration, real-time waveform signature analysis, and real-time noise rejection algorithms results in virtually noise free distance readings for most users. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The I2CXL‑MaxSonar‑EZ sensor line is factory calibrated to match the sensor beam patterns and provides a long range detection zone.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- Up to 40Hz reading rate
- Simple I2C bus interface
- Easy control of multiple sensors
- Control up to 127 sensors using two wires
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Virtually no dead zone, objects closer than 20 cm range as 20 cm
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 4.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from 0C to +65C (32F to +149F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- High noise resistance
Documents and Downloads
|I2C QuickStart Guide||Using an I2C-MaxSonar With an Arduino|
|Sensor Selection Guide||Sensor Selection Guide|
|RoHS Conformity||RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity||CE Declaration of Conformity|
|Reliability Demonstration||MTBF Report|
|High Resolution Pictures||High Resolution Pictures.zip|
Product 3D Models
These 3D model files will download with a different product name.
|Key Shot||IGES File||ACIS 7.0 File||Solid Works Part|
|STL File||STEP File||ParaSolid Part|